Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Crazy candy week

I'm not sure why, but we always end up with more candy than we buy to hand out. Somehow my math is off--I need there to be more gone than in my house. I'm weak and can't walk by and sniff that chocolate without reaching my hand in. Thank goodness for bite size huh?

We took the kids last weekend to my favorite little produce place to pick out the perfect pumpkin. I guess we let it sneak up on us but we just couldn't find time to do the whole pumpkin patch experience. But hey, for $25 we had one big pumpkin, two little ones and three bags of fresh fruits and veggies! Oh how I miss maters and taters! On Sunday we went to trick or treat at Sea World for a bit with some sweet friends who have a little girl close to Jacob's age. We let Jacob have his first lollipop.

On Friday we stayed in the neighborhood, but were only getting exercise and a frustrated preschooler not understanding why no one was home to give her candy when she knocked on the door. She had perfected her "trick or treat" too! Megan was Dora this year and Jacob was a giraffe for about 30 seconds. You'll notice him screaming in the picture--it's the only one we got with his face showing before we quit that fight and let him go dressed as himself! So, we left a full bowl on the porch, loaded up and went to downtown Winter Garden and ran into some friends, walked around a bit and got a little more candy. All in all a great and fun week. Hope yours was fun and full of memories too.

I'll add pictures when Jim gets home with the computer tonight!

No comments: