Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Your address is written in pencil

When I changed dorm rooms in college my aunt informed me that she had written my phone number in pencil because I moved around too much. I lived with one roommate for all 4 years, but I think we lived in 4 or 5 different rooms. Jim and I have moved often over our nearly 12 years together--sometimes close; sometimes far. A very close move is upon us again.

We recently were told that the house we are currently renting is being placed on the market and that our lease wouldn't be renewed. Within days we discovered that the family renting our house in TN is not going to stay beyond their lease either. So now, we need a home here and have an empty home there......

Tonight I'm happy to report we're on our way to a resolution! We have secured a short-term rental here in FL only minutes from where we are now (friends who currently are working out of town). We have also decided to put the TN house back on the market the first of April. Please pray with us that the house will sell quickly and that we will be able to settle a little more permanently by this summer. We're loving it here and Megan will be starting preschool next year so we're really hoping to stay very close by.

So, I hope you have your pencils handy to erase and rewrite and then erase again.......

1 comment:

Stacey said...

we're right there with ya! I had a friend tell me that she was going to have to buy a new "H" page for her address book because hers was filled with our crossed out addresses :) Can't wait to hear about the details!! Praying for another smooth move for you guys. Love ya, can't wait to see you in a week!!!!!!!