Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

What is your 4th of July tradition? Growing up I always spent the day with my grandparent's family in Walnut, MS. Now that everyone is grown, married, moving away we don't get back often at all. The past several years we've spent time with friends, but this year was low key. I've been stressed lately and just didn't feel up to entertaining a large group, so we had fun with our family of four.

Friday we went to the pool at the Y, then came home for lunch and a nap before we headed to Sea World. The kids loved the After Dark shows and we all got to ride the carousel.

On Saturday we ran a few errands and went to grab dinner at Five Guys and dessert from TCBY! Yep, Jim and I took a night off from our summer of fitness challenge and boy was it good! Here's a picture of Jacob after his haircut that day. It's the shortest he's ever had it cut and he looks like such a big boy now!

So, whether you had a big celebration or low key family time, I hope you had a Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

The McGregor Clan said...

Okay, you need to snapfish me that pic of the kids with their tongues out. It made me laugh! John and I were so sad b/c this time last year we were in Florida celebrating the fourth with you guys and it was so much fun!! As soon as this whole house thing is over, we are going to plan a trip down. I love Jacob's haircut too. He does look like such a little man!!