Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The last few weeks and random stories

Well, I haven't posted in a while and I do apologize. Jacob evidently picked up a stomach bug two weeks ago, so after dropping coffee and breakfast at the worship gathering, he and I came home. He was really only sick for the one day and ate like a champ that night. This is also the day that Megan got scratched by a puppy. She had a pretty decent scratch on her backside which of course led to "Megan drama" and bandaids for a week. Fortunately it hasn't seemed to deter her love of puppies!

Well, two days later Megan comes down with a fever.....and by fever we're talking the 103, call the doctor at 10 pm variety. After alternating motrin and tylenol all night I took her in and she seemed fine! Fortunately the doctor gave me prescriptions for "just in case." Thank goodness we had those because that night the virus truly hit! After 2 more days nursing her back to her normal self I thought we were through the woods......until today. And yes, now Jacob is throwing up again! Hopefully it won't last long. Here's Megan chilling watching a little TV while she was sick.
After being cooped up we decided to head to the beach for the day. Here's Jacob after a day of sand and surf....tuckered out or as my friend Mary would say worn slap out!
We've also had a lot of fun with the kid's night at chick-fil-a here in Ocoee! (the kids get a free meal when Jim and I eat there and they always have a fun treat for the kids) Megan got an Ariel balloon friend and the guy made a great Pluto for Jacob! The next week Megan chose a face painting of Hello Kitty and Jacob's alligator balloon popped before we could get a picture!
The final picture is one of Megan after finding her in her room taking what I assumed was a nap! Little did I know she found her princess drawer and had decided to color herself with bright pink marker that took a week to wear off! She painted her eyes black with mascara and her earlobes red for earrings. Her hands, arms and feet were completely colored. Sorry I didn't get a fresh picture, I immediately plopped her in the tub to get the marker off--the mommy in me prevailed. I'll try to laugh more in the moment next time! This picture is after the bath and numerous hand scrubbings.

Just a little bit of what's been going on here. Funny stories from our life in FL!

2 comments:

Mary said...

So glad to hear what you all have been up to...sorry that it has involved sickness...but glad you made it to the beach! Where do you all go to the beach? How long does it take you to get there?

The Collins said...

Mary, we usually go to Cocoa and it takes us about an hour.