Friday, June 13, 2008

Hump day

Today is hump day in my mom's radiation treatments. She has done well. So well, that her mom and dad have gone home to care for my grandmother's brother and sister each in the hospital. She isn't having to take the pain medication at all and only gets dizzy during the treatment because she has to lay flat on the table. She is taking time before heading back to work on June 30th. The doctor feels great about the surgery after seeing the pathology report and felt they made the best decision by going with the mammosite treatment. I've been truly amazed at the advances in breast cancer treatment as I've been educated through her process. It's incredible to see what they can do now. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support for my mama. God is FAITHFUL.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It was fun to see a comment from you on our family's blog!! I hope you all are doing well!

There have been so many amazing advances in breast CA treatment!! We went through all of it with my sister-in-love two years ago. I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Take care!

Erin

Stacey said...

So glad everyone is doing well. We are praying for her, the doctors and all of you. Love you all!!!