Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What color wig should I get?

Who ever asks that question? Well, my mom did today. After receiving results back from her lumpectomy she is on the low end (40 on a scale of 1 to 100) of high risk for breast cancer recurrance, so now it is advised that she start chemo. She will go once a month on a Wednesday afternoon and be off from work on Thursday and Friday. We are prayerful that this proactive approach will further diminish the possibility of recurrance.

Just so you know I told her to do something fun with her hair! When else do you get the chance to reinvent yourself and come forth with a totally new look? I guess that would be my lemonade in the situation--I think I'd pick a red wig!

***UPDATE*** Mama went wig shopping today (Thursday) and decided on a strawberry blonde! She tried on everything in the store she said except the one she figured was gonna glow in the dark.....can't wait to see that!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has cancer....ugh! The good news is that they are constantly making positive strives toward a cure....Praise God! Yeah, I think she should go sassy red, too. I will be praying for her! Mary

Anonymous said...

Let me say....I would have gotten 3wigs--a blonde, a red, and a brunette! She couldv'e had lots of fun with that, u know, keep people guessing....what's Joyce gonna be today! HA! Sorry to hear she has to have chemo :( but at least they are being proactive! Miss you lots...