Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Prayers apart

Ever want to be somewhere you're not? If I could choose to be somewhere else I'd be in Nashville today! My sweet mama is on my heart today. She has her first round of chemo at 10:00 CST this morning. It'll last 3 hours and she's off for the rest of the week to recover before going back to work. I'm so grateful that God surrounds us with "family" wherever we are. My brother and his wife are there to look after her as is my mom's "family". Her co-workers and church friends have become such an encouragement and support to her over the years and I promise you if they weren't all as good as gold I'd be there with my mom in a minute. But they are all so wonderful and are being so great to my mom when I can't be there for every appointment and treatment. Thank you all for loving on her and taking care of her for me. We are truly blessed and are grateful that God knows more than we do what we need.

My challenge is this--to love those without family near! Jim and I were loved immeasurably when we suffered our miscarriage 2 years ago by amazing people God placed near us for that time since we were 3 states away from family. Who is around us that needs a hand or shoulder as they walk this journey?

3 comments:

Mary said...

wow...thanks for the challenge, Beth. You are so right....to love on those without family near. I will pray for your mom today. Love and miss you!

Melanie Davis said...

I am thinking and praying for your mom and family. I understand what you are talking about with the family thing. It has made such a tremendous difference in our lives to be back around our loved ones.

Mel

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

We will be praying with you, Beth!! My heart aches for you!!

Julie