Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Life Today

Just an update of life today--Jacob is finally over his fever from this weekend and seems back to his normal self. Megan is doing great! We enjoyed some fun mother/daughter shopping tonight and then she helped me fold laundry : ) I love that she's at an age where we can do things together like this. Jim is busy as ever with the "remodel" of our worship gathering. We've also begun a new small group and are excited to be doing life with these other couples.

We are heading up to Tennessee next week to see family (more on this to come). After the weekend Jim will fly home and I will stay to spend some time with my mom. She had her first chemo treatment last week and is still dealing with some side effects from that. She is remaining positive and just dealing with each symptom as it comes. Her doctors are responding quickly to each side effect. She has gone to work each day this week and seems to make it a little longer each day. Life is such a blessing as is our health--may I be reminded to take advantage of each healthy day God has given me to enjoy and live it to the fullest!

***I promise to post pictures soon. I know it's been a while. We are down to Jim's laptop because my computer died (a day after the vaccum died). We were able to replace the vaccum, but are having to work that computer into the budget.....so I only have limited computer time, please be patient...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I totally understand.....I have dropped the Mommy Ball too many times to count. I'll be praying that you can get it all on track. I hope you have a great time in TN.....glad to hear that your mom is doing well enough to WORK during chemo...AMAZING!!

Nana Joyce said...

8/12/08
I've felt great since last Friday, and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the family on Saturday to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.

My next treatment is on August 20. If you'd like something specific to pray, please pray for protection for my kidneys.

Thanks to everyone for loving on my kiddos. They're pretty loveable, aren't they?