Saturday, May 23, 2009

A beautiful vacation

If you read the last blog you know that Jim and I were able to get away for a few days for a bit of a vacation. It's the first time we've left Jacob and only the third time we've left Megan for more than a night.

We headed down to Pine Island. It's so peaceful, quiet and slow there! It was wonderful. We ate at out of the way places like Pork Bellies BBQ, Cheeburger/Cheeburger, Red Robin (Jim misses it from TN), Lilly's Deli and my personal favorite Iguana Mia!

I was able to cash in my mother's day gift certificate for a massage and haircut! Wow what a difference. I haven't had my hair cut since I cut off my ponytail last summer.

We drove over to Sanibel Island--fantastic shell hunting! We started our day with a picnic lunch here......

We wrote messages with shells in the sand for the kids.....
and then we walked by the old lighthouse and checked out the local wildlife.....
(the sign reads gopher tortoise crossing)

The next day we headed over to Ft. Myers Beach where Jim enjoyed the waves on his boogie board and I read a book relaxing on the beach! It was an extremely restful and relaxing getaway.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I just LOVE the beach!!