Sunday, May 10, 2009

Us recently.....

I've been lax in my blogging lately. Life has been busy and blogging was something I could put off without detriment to the family. But, I did want to share a few pictures from our recent adventures.

Megan's team got their soccer jerseys. Doesn't she have a hunky coach?

Megan also had her four year check up at the doctor. All is well and after two shots (which the doctor told me she wouldn't have at her last appointment) we had a celebratory lunch at chick-fil-a. We were also celebrating keeping her pull up dry all night. She's been dry for about a week now. Good-bye pull ups--college savings here we come!

Here are a couple of other recent cute pictures of the kids....we found a caterpillar in the kitchen one morning. Meg loved letting it climb up her arm. We freed him outside! Aren't you proud of me for releasing a critter?
We celebrated cinco de mayo a night early with taco dinner! I love how Jacob ends up with as many black beans on his face as he does in his belly! Yummy Yummy!
We are preparing for Megan's dance recital and recently picked up her costume. Here's a sneak peek of what's to come with the "Boogie Shoes" production. Papa and Gan Gan are planning a trip down during that time so they'll get to attend her first dance recital! She's so excited they get to be here.

During play time this afternoon Megan decided to take on the dining room table! Guess who didn't win?
She calls it her fluffy lip! Poor thing.

Check back soon for pictures of Nana's visit (Beth's mom). Jacob's 2nd birthday party is coming up and I'm sure will bring entertaining shots for our enjoyment.

Thank you all for praying for our pastor Jason and his family as his parents continue to heal in New Orleans after their accident. They've both been transferred to treatment facilities that specialize in their needs. Jason continues to spend the week with them and travel home to his family here in Orlando on the weekends. Continue to pray for Jen as she loves on and cares for their 4 kids here.

4 comments:

The McGregor Clan said...

First, I love the dance costume. Alana got her's last week and she wants to sleep in it. Second, the fat lip is pitiful. She looks very brave in the picture. I am sure it hurt and there were some tears, but she sure wanted to show it off!! ;) Tell Jacob that he can eat all of Uncle John's black beans!! Glad to see you guys are well.

Mary said...

We miss you guys! Thanks for taking the time to update us...can't wait to hear more about the recital!

Love you all!

Stacey said...

Avery's dr. did the same to us last year. They promised no shots when I made the appointment, but she had to get one. Currently preparing for the 5 year check up in a few months....four shots!!! Going to have to do more than Chick-fil-a for that one :) Love the new pics. Can't believe Jacob is turning two....didn't you just have him!!??? miss you lots

Amy said...

Love the new pictures! Abby has her first recital next month too - she is so excited!! I know what you mean about the blogging. My family always complains that I don't update often enough, but it's hard to carve out the time to do it regularly. I'm trying to cut down on my computer time but I'm hooked on reading so many other blogs, and of course, Facebook! Have a great time on vacation! :)