Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Megan's First Soccer Game!





Well, Megan's first soccer game was this past Saturday and she had a lot of fun. Her little buddy Matti was out of town and I wondered how she would do. The first picture shows Megan holding Daddy's hand. Jim kept having to encourage her to let go and run after the ball. She got a good kick in and ran over promptly to let me know "Mommy, I kicked the ball!" She was thrilled. It's more than soccer to us. We both desire for our kids to be healthy and active and are trying to foster that in them early. And in doing so, striving to become more active myself. Jim has always been active and is running in his first 5K this weekend. He's also serving as the assistant coach of her team this year. We're so excited for her and look forward to a fun season.

1 comment:

The McGregor Clan said...

Go Jim!!!! Running the first 5K is awesome. I am glad that Meg had fun at her game. Wish we could have been there to cheer her on. I think sports can be good confidence builders too. Give her a high five from her Aunt Janna and Cuz Alana.