Thursday, April 9, 2009

Special people

You know how rare it is to find a special friend? I was so excited to get to stop and see our good friends the Huddlestons on our trip! I really didn't even mind that their neighbor backed into my car while I was there (felt much worse for her van). Our girls are about 9 months apart and love to play together. Trevor and Stacey always "steal" Megan when they come back for a visit. Stacey and I also share the exact same birthday and we both have curly blonde hair! How crazy is that? Needless to say, they are sweet friends and I had a great time visiting. The girls decorated Easter egg cookies together, played in the fort that covered the living room until Jacob knocked it down (by the way, really cool Trevor), enjoyed a Mickey Mouse bath bomb bath, colored and played with every toy in the house!

We spent the night with them and then went to visit my grandparents for the day. My grandmother has been recovering from pneumonia and I really didn't want to unleash Jacob's enthusiasm on her for much longer than a day! We had a great lunch together and then spent time playing together. Megan got to show off her new doll and how well all the clothes fit that grandmother had helped to make! I don't get to visit them nearly as often as I'd like. I used to spend all my school breaks and weeks during the summer with them. I'm very fortunate to still have them both and truly enjoyed our day together.



1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the picture of the girls. Avery had such a good time with the kids. She has missed them ever since. Glad you made it back to FL safely, but sure wish you were closer :) Love you guys much!!