Thursday, October 1, 2009

Summer trip to TN

We set out for a trip back to Tennessee to visit family back in August. We picked Megan up early from school with the goal of driving all the way in one day. As I ran in to get her Jim and Jacob waited in the Jeep which promptly overheated. So here are pictures of us visiting our friendly neighborhood mechanic Henri! We enjoyed our picnic lunch while his guys reconnected wires to the fan on the motor which weren't connected when the fan was replaced a few months ago. Fortunately they found it and fixed it quickly (and for free) and we were on our way!



As we got close to Nashville I really started feeling bad. I was trying to wave it off as being tired or changing climates. However the next day was pretty bad. Jim headed to the drug store and I headed to bed. We enjoyed dinner with the family that night and I felt like my fever had broken, but the next morning proved otherwise. So, Jim took the kids and my mom took me to the walk-in clinic. They promptly diagnosed me with strep, gave me a shot and samples of an antibiotic and off we went! The next day since I'd been on my meds for 24 hours and was no longer contagious we headed off to see the Wiggles! Our kids had been so excited to see them and I truly didn't want to miss the experience with them. My brother, his wife and their daughter went with us. Here are the girls heading in with Nana.

Megan and Jim waiting for the show.

Jacob and Uncle John.
Here's one of Megan dancing along!
Sweet girls were all smiles for the whole show!

Here's the McGregor clan after the show. (Sorry it's not a good shot, but the attendant is the only one we could find to take a picture)
As soon as we got to the car Megan was sacked out. She took a nap as we drove out to see my brother's new house that their family is building!

Our visit there seems short to me since I was sick for most of the time there. Jim, my sister in law and mom took all the kids to the mall one day to shop and play. I hear they had fun, but really can't elaborate much. I'm so grateful for my health....and grateful to not have been that sick in a very long time!

No comments: