Thursday, October 1, 2009

Megan's first day of school.


I can't believe this day has arrived. Our hearts were so anxious to have kiddos when we married and God has amazed and blessed us with two fantastic kids. I've been home with them since Megan was born and they haven't been away from me at all. So, to be honest I wasn't sure how I would react to Megan being gone EVERY day for pre-K. We found a great school that has been approved by the state to teach a Christian curriculum that allows the kids to learn character traits of Jesus, stories of His love, songs of who He is, has chapel each week and also covers the fundamentals in preparing them for school. We've been pleased thus far, plus it gives me some one on one time with my little man!

So here we are at Megan's first "Meet the Teacher" Day! We stopped for a family breakfast and Megan chose Mimi-cakes. (pancakes shaped like Mickey)
We then headed over to her new school and met her new teachers. She loves them both and is really enjoying school.
After getting the list of suggested supplies we headed to Target for our first school shopping trip.
She started school on Monday and was so excited. She chose her Elmo shirt to wear and was super cute with her Ni Hao, Kai-Lan backpack!
Here we are walking her in.....

She had been so brave and excited to go until she realized that Mommy and Daddy weren't staying with her this day. She totally lost it! So of course, I lost it too.

Of course when I went to pick her up she was all smiles!
Plus, she got to pick the celebration lunch spot......which of course was Chick fil A!
It all seems wild! To think that our little Meg is starting her journey outside of our home....She's an amazing blessing and incredibly bright! We are so excited to see how she grows and learns. What a blessing she is to us!

To top off the day Daddy surprised Megan with beautiful pink roses!
Yep, I'd say she's tickled pink!

No comments: