Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Of course it runs like a dream....

Ever have one of those cars? You know what I'm talking about. You drive it, lights come on, it shakes, the ac blows hot in your face, sometimes it doesn't start......You take it in to the garage and they tell you that it drives like a dream. There are no codes showing up. The air was so cold he had to turn it off. What? Are you sure you drove my car? Well, no lights are on although the air still gets hot....what do you do? I plan to drive until more lights come on or I have to call the tow truck.

My best car not fixed story is my Oldsmobile Cutlass that wouldn't let me put gas in! Yep, you heard right. I'd put that nozzle in and gas would spew out all over the ground (and my legs and feet) Try explaining that one. The guy had the nerve to ask if I was putting the nozzle in right. My sarcastic side was working overtime, but I restrained myself from responding that after 15 years of filling up my own car I had magically forgotten how to put gas in a car...... After being stranded at the dealership in the fun-filled city of Chattanooga just short of our bed and breakfast destination we got to the root of that issue.

As a side note my hand me down phone is one of those fancy monsters with the keyboard--the y doesn't work unless you mash hard! I received a hand me down computer after mine bit the dust and wouldn't you know, not the y but the n is the sticker button here! How funny......

Anybody have a great crazy car story? I know my brother could share several--talk about crazy cars.........

2 comments:

Jessie Weaver said...

Adam and I have a 94 Eagle Vision which praise the Lord we have been able to finally replace, although this monstrosity is still sitting in front of our house.

Anyway, after two SWELTERING summers of nearly dying because the AC wasn't cold I finally convinced my dear husband to take it to the shop and have them run the AC diagnostic.

And they of course said, it was just fine.

Which is funny, since it hadn't been cold in 2 plus years.

I HATE car stuff. Our current "good" car has an insane problem that Saturn is well aware of and yet they won't fix it and don't know how to, despite the fact it's widespread. I think they should just give me a new car.

Stacey said...

Shall I even begin telling the story of our mini-van??? The troubles continued once we moved to TN. On our way up here on the move, the tail light randomly fell off. Good times. We were so happy to get rid of that thing... I'll never forget when it made that horrible grinding noise and you were riding with me. I was so used to it so I was just talking away but I think you were gripping the seat ready to jump out if you needed to... :) Miss you. Praying for your mom....